Hace dos años éramos 3. Desde entonces, el concepto «User Experience» caló hondo en nuestra empresa a través de buenos resultados y un gran trabajo por parte de cada uno de los integrantes del equipo de UX. Ahora somos 15 y nos enfrentamos con más proyectos de los que podemos humanamente asumir.
Para hacer frente a tal demanda, asegurándonos de mantener el nivel más alto posible y siempre enfocados en resultados, el equipo necesita expandirse nuevamente. Comparto aquí la descripción de los puestos de trabajos que tengo abiertos, y necesito cubrir con urgencia.
Nota: Este post lo haré en inglés, porque siendo una empresa multinacional el idioma vehicular es el inglés y necesitas poder comunicarte bien en este idioma
We are the UX team at ODIGEO, one of the leading on-line travel groups’ worldwide resulting from the merge of leading travel companies eDreams, GoVoyages, Opodo, Travellink and Liligo. We are based in Barcelona, Spain – and have offices in 10 european cities.
Our team, part of the transversal Retail team, has interaction designers, visual designers and researchers working collaboratively and iteratively on a wide range of projects across our 5 brands and desktop, tablet and smartphone, involving both redesign and incremental optimization based on both quantitative and qualitative data.
While I love finding raw talent, and train it up, the pressure to continue delivering good performance is huge, so I need people who have made a quite few mistakes and learned from them and have enough experience to be «plug-and-play».
In any case, my team and I will make sure that we help you shape your career and keep learning and growing (for the day you stop learning, you stop being a good designer)
I’m fully aware that I may not be able to get exactly what I need, but there are a few things that are not negotiable:
- your hunger for learning
- your good level of patience and perseverance
- your proactivity focused on enhancing how we work and the level of what we deliver
- cool head, passionate heart, curious mind
What I’ll expect you to do (and be responsible for)
- Collaborate with product management and development to define and implement effective, innovative solutions that are consistent across all devices and with the brand guidelines, and result in increased conversion and other key performance indicators.
- Present work done to team members and stakeholders, providing solid rational arguments based on theory, best practices, data and proven experience.
- Use quantitative and qualitative behaviour and user data, behavioural and cognitive theory, design principles and past measured experience to inform and defend designs
- Work closely with other designers, product owners, developers and business stakeholders
- Advocate for best of breed experience design and design thinking
- Conduct benchmarks and conduct user research and evaluate user feedback together with Researchers
- Move seamlessly from conversion optimization to feature-enhancement to innovation.
- Maintain and evolving a set of design patterns
- Enhance interaction decisions with a polished, pixel-perfect design
- Define scenarios, analyse flows, create sketches, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Create interactive prototypes (using HTML5 / CSS3 / JQuery / Jquery Mobile, Justinmind or other tolos)
What I will expect you to know and have done
- A few years of UX design experience
- Excellent working and theoretical knowledge of visual and interaction design principles
- Good understanding of cognitive and behavioural theory applied to eCommerce
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proven working experience in digital – websites, web apps, native apps for desktop, smartphone and tablets
- Ability to present your designs and present/defend your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an highly collaborative and iterative methodologies
- Conducting frequent, iterative usability testing in parallel with development and together with research team
- Be up-to-date regarding trends, techniques and tools.
- Proficiency in Freehand or other visual design software
- Solid experience in creating sketches, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, lifecycle maps, etc.
- Good visual design skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in Omnigraffle, Visio, or similar
- Proficiency in interactive prototyping tools (Justinmind or similar)
What will we give you?
- Make sure you are fairly rewarded according to your experience and skill levels
- Be part of possibly the best team I had the pleasure to work with
- Be part of the challenge of aiming at changing the way people search and book for travel services
- Work across all devices (desktop, tablet, smartphone), both in web and native
- Learn what you didn’t know could even know
If so, please send me an email to email@example.com, with the subject line «UX designer Odigeo». with attachment or link to your CV, linkedIn page, or similar, and to some kind of portfolio so I can learn your thought process, your successes and failures, your abilities and knowledge.
See you soon?